Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The William Powell and Myrna Loy Murder Case

(*I am not able to load the pictures right now but will return later and put them up when the picture thingy gets fixed.)

The William Powell and Myrna Loy Murder Case by George Baxt  

(Publ 1996)

This story is set in the Golden Age of Hollywood with the big studios and glittering stars in them. A very popular Hollywood madam finds out she's very ill. She needs to find some money to leave her family after she's gone. She lets it be known she is writing her memoirs and thinking about selling her little black book. This sets the stage for a  couple of murders. William Powell and Myrna Loy know the madam and get involved with the investigation.

I'd give it a - 6 1/2 .


My Thoughts - there was a real feel of being back in the days of old when the famous stars were real and at their prime. I like old movies and know the old stars. I enjoy reading about the old scandals and secrets so I knew what was being refered to. I'm not sure someone who didn't know about the past in Hollywood would enjoy it as much. I enjoyed it and want to read more of the work of this writer. He has a whole group of books using old stars in them..

No comments:

Post a Comment