Sunday, July 10, 2011

Murder is Binding

Murder is Binding by Lorna Barrett

(A Booktown Mystery)

(Publ 2008)

Tricia Miles has one of the many bookstores that revitalized the town of Stoneham, NH. Her store is a mystery book store. Doris, owner of a neighboring cookbook store, is found murdered in her shop by Tricia. Angelica, the not-so-close sister of Tricia, comes to town to visit. Throw in a lot of suspects - including a strange insurance man, his mother in a nursing home, an irritating newspaper man, and a cold hearted real estate man,  Add to the mix a set of twins, a stolen expensive antique cookbook, and a very angry female sheriff.

I'd give it a 6 1/2 .

My thoughts -  I liked this book. It was another new writer for me to read for the first time. There are interesting characters - even the cat. There is a good setting that has a real feel to it. I thought the pace of the book moved along nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment